Leading provider of medical consumables
Satisfied customers in community and aged care
Free Education Day Events for healthcare professionals
Welcome to Independence Australia for Health Professionals
Independence Australia is a leading national distributor of personal healthcare products, mobility aids and equipment.
Independence Australia for Health Professionals
Independence Australia are committed to working collaboratively alongside people with disabilities and older people, their families, and Carers. We support people to plan, and we provide quality services and products that respond to the person’s individual needs, goals, and choices.
As a social enterprise a portion of our sales provide help and support for people living with a disability – in fact our surplus is dedicated to supporting this cause.
We are in the unique position of being able to provide access to multiple services within the one organisation as we are the only NDIS provider in Victoria to offer both core supports and consumables to NDIS participants.
Our aim is to improve people’s quality of life and provide access to products, resources, and services that allow them to make choices which enhance their well-being. We support the delivery of this in people’s homes, the local community and in our residential facilities. Ensuring that our clients have choice and control is paramount in our decision making.
We help fill gaps within the community by providing a vital service that may not otherwise receive funding or support. Our services have been developed in response to the needs identified by the community.
You might also be interested in:
- Our School Speaker program SpinChat, promoting prevention and education around spinal cord injury for secondary school students.
- Inform, a print and online information hub providing people with disabilities with up to-date, relevant and quality information.
- Accessibility Weekend, held each year in September to celebrate access and inclusion for people living with a physical disability. This weekend supports free access to Victoria’s favourite attractions for people who use a wheelchair or mobility aid and their Carers.
- Education Day Events, held in eight locations throughout Australia, the Independence Australia Education Days are free events for health professionals to understand current advancements in the world of continence, wounds, and funding.
To achieve our goals, we engage professionals with diverse skillsets and varied backgrounds; learn more about our team below.
Introducing Our Team
Head of Sales South Region
Brendan joined IA in early 2017 and manages the VIC/WA/SA & TAS sales teams. Brendan also, in conjunction with Karin van der Sar, is responsible for managing all Health Solutions’ sales operations.
Karin van der Sar
Head of Sales North Region
Karin has been with IA since mid-2014 and manages the NSW, ACT & QLD sales teams. Karin together with Brendan Bailey is responsible for managing all Health Solutions sales operations as well.
Please Register An Account
Registering an account on Independence Australia’s Health Professional site has many benefits;
– Order free continence samples
– Access resources
– Request Information
– Receive tailored advice from our Sales Account Managers